In parenthood field, Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office provides expert pieces of advice and legal assistance in the following areas:
- Surrogate motherhood
- Citizenship in terms of children born abroad
- Parental rights
- Origin repudiation/ascertainment disputes
- A child traveling abroad
Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office respects the personal choice right and the engagement for each individual. In this regard, our Law Office protects the needs and interests of both heterosexual couples (married or not), lone parents and homosexual couples.
Experience and references
Combating both reproductive problems and discrimination has always been an important social cause for our Law Office. The active position on surrogate maternity issues made Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office a clearly recognizable as one of the few offices working in such field. In the last two years, more than 10 requests, in terms of maternity surrogate, have been received. It has been working hard towards legalizing the reproductive method in our country as well.
Our Law Office holds a considerable experience in the following areas:
- Establishing conditions for exercising basic human rights in the country: during the summer of 2015, thanks to our Law Office, two Bulgarian children, born by a surrogate mother in Mexico, were able to obtain Bulgarian identity documents. Thus, for the first time in Bulgaria, birth certificates were issued for children, born by a surrogate mother, in which only their biological father was included as a parent.
- Legal Studies and Analyzes: Due to the increasing interest in the possibility of аn offspring creation through the surrogacy method, Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office presented the first Bulgarian lecture presentation on this topic at the end of 2015. The event was organized by the Youth Organization LGBT „Action“. The main accents of the lecture were the steps in the process of surrogate motherhood, the directions for choosing the country where it could be implemented, the difficulties and the challenges, the possibilities for legislative changes in our country.
- Legal assistance in adoption proceedings: Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office provides legal assistance in adoption proceedings, together with the previous administrative procedure regarding entering prospective adoptive parents into the relevant registers.
- Representation and Mediation in Parental Disagreements: Popov, Arnaudov and Partners Law Office has also been a preferred procedural representative in proceedings, concerning parental rights disputes, including international ones. Due to the fact in such cases the child’s interest is a leading one, our team has always been striving to find the right way to the other party in order an agreement between the parents to be ultimately reached.
Clients about us
„We are glad that in case of a situation, where support and advice is needed, it is a relief to know who to turn to when it comes to difficulties.”